[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Acrobat markup and comments

From: Deepak Michael
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Acrobat markup and comments
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:51:10 +0530

Hi,
I had a question on pdf2swf regarding comments and markups created via Acrobat pro on a PDF** being converted to swf.
When I use PDF2SWF the comments and markups do appear in the resulting swf and that's good. Is it possible to hide the markups/comments in the swf via a viewer or can this be handled only at the time of creation of the swf file via pdf2swf? Is this a separate layer that can be hidden at all from a viewer? The idea is to allow the user to toggle between a view with comments and without.

I am yet to come across a viewer that does this functionality and so wasn't sure if it was something to be controlled with the pdf2swf conversion itself.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak

** I've uploaded an image of a pdf here with comments/notes and markup just to convey a clear idea on what I mean by comments and markup on the PDF.