Re: [Swftools-common] Use jpg in swfcombine

From: LivingDocs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Use jpg in swfcombine
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:33:05 +0200

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 11:19:00AM +0200, LivingDocs <address@hidden > wrote:
maybe the first mail went to the wrong address...

Thank you for your answer.

If the MC to replace lies in master.swf on root level: Will swfcombine
work with the name of the MC or do I allways need the numeric ID? (In
the man pages you can read name or ID).

If the MC is on the root, you can use the name.

Can I find out the numeric ID of a nested object running a php- script?

Well, you could run swfdump on the file, but that's a bit overkill.
A better option would be to find a way to give a name to the character
(symbol), instead of the instance of it. (Add a NAMECHARACER tag to
the SWF).
Depending on what tool you use for generating the master.swf, this
might be or might not be possible.

I use Flash CS4 to create the master.swf.
I have never heard of a NAMECHARACER tag...
What is that?
And how can I use it and introduce it into a Flash file?

"MC_bild_dummy" is an instance of the symbol "bild_dummy". I can use the symbol in ActionScript when I give an ActionScript-name (e.g. "bild_dummy") to the symbol.
I don't know any other possibility to give a name to an object in Flash.

Benedikt