[Swftools-common] problem of visualization

From: VF Marrese - Lumen TM
Subject: [Swftools-common] problem of visualization
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:29:32 +0200

Hallo,

I have a problem of visualization with SWF applications developed by
Laurent Lalanne.
I didn’t find the same problem, for example, with the SWF applications
shown in SWFC Manual (http://www.swftools.org/swfc/swfc.html).

I navigate to the page located in the URL:
http://www.technoargia.free.fr/swftools/examples/flash-eyes/ three times.

All the times I was on Windows XP Professional V. 2002 with Firefox
3.0.10 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000.

The first time I wasn’t able to see the SWF application.
The Flash Player on Firefox was: 9.0r45
I don’t know the plug-in version on Explorer but I suppose it was the same.

The second time I was able to see the SWF application.
The Flash Player on Firefox was: 10.0.32.18
The Flash Player on Explorer was: 10.0.32.18

So, I suppose that the problem was related to the version of Flash Payer.

To be sure of that, I downloaded the old version of the Player for
Firefox, the same 9.0r45 of the first time and I reinstalled it in to
the browser.

The third time I was able to see the SWF application.
The Flash Player on Firefox was: 9.0r45.

So, the first time and the third time look like the same general
configuration but I have two different behaviour, the first time I was
not able to see the SWF application and the third time I was able to.

I don’t understand what is the problem, maybe it was a problem with the
specific configuration of the first time, but it appears both in
Explorer and in Firefox and, as you know, there were two different
players installed for the browsers.

Finally my question is: how I can be sure that all the users can see my
SWF application generated with SWF tools?

Thank you.

Vincenzo Fiore Marrese