Re: [Swftools-common] ActionScript + large arrays of numbers

From: Vladimir Slepnev
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] ActionScript + large arrays of numbers
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:00:53 +0300

Hello

> I recommend switching to Flash 9 Actionscript (AS 3.0).

Can swfc compile AS3? Can any other open source tool do what we want?
And can you actually make a plain data holder SWF in AS3, seeing as it
uses classes and stuff? We'd gladly switch, but it's just not so
simple.

> Good thing you found a workaround for your problem though.

Make the producer insert dummy elements in the middle of arrays, and
make data consumer ignore them? It's such a poor workaround that I
decided not to use it. Cause it makes me feel like an idiot.

Vladimir