[Swftools-common] Newbie having trouble with frame rates

From: Bill Gray
Subject: [Swftools-common] Newbie having trouble with frame rates
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:34:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,

Making good progress on this project.  Thanks so much for your help.

I have built the flash I have been hoping for and I have successfully
incorporated mp3 sound files...  only to discover that different browsers on
different computers will deliver different frame rates!!!!  This totally screws
up my goal of having pictures and actions that correspond tightly to the sounds
track!!!

DOH!

So, it seems to me that one way to fix this is to remake my pictures into a flv
video, and then show that from within a swf file.

The questions are 2.

1) Is there any other way to guaranty frame rates?  Flv seems to have pretty
crappy compression/quality and I might prefer not to use it.

...but barring that...

2) how can I load and play my flv video from within a swf using swftools?

Thanks again,