Re: [Swftools-common] simple magnifier

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] simple magnifier
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:00:10 +0100

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 03:16:05PM +0100, xian <address@hidden> wrote:
> I created a simple magnifier by SWFTools:
>
> http://dta.hu/swftools/simple_magnifier/
>
> The purpuse behind this viewer is to prevent printing of the original
> picture. There is a second version with a low-resolution background picture:
>
> http://dta.hu/swftools/simple_magnifier2/

Nifty!

That would indeed be fun to have in rfxview.

> 1. Though I hide the mouse, under Linux FireFox3 with flash 10.0 r15 does
> not hide it (Win FF does, Win IE6 does).
> Laurent's Flash
> Eyes<http://technoargia.free.fr/swftools/examples/flash_eyes/flash_eyes.html>seems
> to behave differently. Why?

Good question- maybe try to merge your code into Laurent's code step by step,
to see when it breaks.

> 2. I could not use .define values in the actionscript: why?

.define is not exported directly to actionscript right now. If you want to
evaluate the value of a .define, do it indirectly via by reading out
the width/height of an object (preferably of the one that is parameterized
by the .define variable in the first place)

> 3. I tried simple_viewer's watermark functionality to prevent printing: IE6
> ignored it (seems to make a screenshot of the SWF). Any experience on that?

I don't have IE experience, but I do know that bitmap printing is
possible in any browser. (Usually explicitly, via a print button in the SWF)
Watermarking is not possible in this case.

I guess it doesn't make much difference, anyway. If the user can see the
SWF, he will always also be able to print it, even if he has to make a
screenshot and print that.

Greetings

Matthias