[Swftools-common] Features Request

From: Douglas Miller
Subject: [Swftools-common] Features Request
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:58:52 -0600

Hey guys, I've been spending a lot of time learning how this application works and I have a feature request.

My request is to allow for error recovery when a pdf page exceeds the swf shape limit. I believe that I read that the function that pdf2swf uses to duplicate gradients can create hundreds of shapes which can cause the swf shape limit to be overcome easily. Would it be possible to recover from the error by either continuing processing the next page in the pdf or by attempting to render the page as a bitmap? This would probably only be beneficial if using the one file per page option so perhaps it could be a command line argument.

Thanks for making such a great utility!

- Doug