[Swftools-common] problems replaying presentation

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] problems replaying presentation
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 19:51:00 +0100

Hi Matthias,

I have created this simple presentation (http://ousia.justfree.com/final-test.swf) using this script (http://ousia.justfree.com/final-test.txt). Everything works fine except the replay button that comes when presentation has reached its end.

This button is defined as:

.button button_again
        .show b_again as=idle
        .show b_again as=area
        .show b_again_l as=hover
        .show b_again as=pressed
        .on_release:
                if (mode==2) {
                        snd.stop();
                        snd.start(0,0);
                        slides.gotoAndStop(1);
                        position=0;
                        mode=1;
                        show_slide=true;
                        butagain._visible=0;
                }

The main problem is that after releasing the button, I get slide 1, but sound is still at the end and I have to click other times more to start playing the sound.

Does anyone whether this is a bug in swfc or am I missing something there?

Just in case you might need the original files, slides are available at http://ousia.justfree.com/final-test-slides.swf and audio can be extracted from presentation itself (ID 15). For some strange reason, when MP3 audio is embedded, this issue happens less frequently (but it happens).

Thanks for the help,

Pablo