Re: [Swftools-common] Font embedding

From: raphael benzazon
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Font embedding
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:16:22 +0000

Hi,

    I think that you must load the file to be able to use the font. I don't know any AS instruction to load only the library. There is a way to link a library from one swf to another, but the process is made in the flash IDE only.

    If you want to use an imported font, I found a solution that works by loading the file that contains the font in place of the symbol that contains the text field that will use it. If the textfield is not in the branch of the imported font (symbol hierarchy), flash player may not find the font.

Best Regards