Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf Actionscript 3 support

From: Igor Sadovskiy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf Actionscript 3 support
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:41:00 +0200

Yes, I was able.

The issue is if you are loading into Flex some SWF published under FP 8 or lower, it loads into AVM1Movie class instance (which is a child of the DisplayObject). So it has no frame navigation abilities.

So you need to publish your SWF file under FP9 to be able to control it using gotoAndPlay from Flex or AS3.

Another possible solution is using AVM2Loader from the Vegas AS3 library (search the Google for). It hacks the loaded stream to fix the publish version on the loaded SWF file.

Regards,
Igor