Re: [Swftools-common] Color pdfs to black and white swfs?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Color pdfs to black and white swfs?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:13:52 +0100

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 12:57:22PM -0500, Mark Mzyk wrote:
> I'm using pdf2swf and have run across an interesting problem.  I have
> some full color pdfs that I would like to convert to swfs that are
> back and white.  Is there a way to do this?  I figure either this
> isn't possible or else is extremely easy and I've overlooked
> something.

Something like this is not supported, at least not directly.

It should be possible to accomplish it with the color matrix filter
present in Flash 8, though- load a converted PDF into a MovieClip,
and then put that MovieClip on the scene with a color matrix
of
(0.3 0.3 0.3 0)
(0.3 0.3 0.3 0)
(0.3 0.3 0.3 0)