Re: [Swftools-common] blending mode 'value'?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] blending mode 'value'?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:54:48 +0200

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 03:41:54PM +0300, peter kostov wrote:
> Unfortunately for me 'value' is not listed in the documentation of swfc
> under the 'blending modes' chapter. I know there are some cool features
> that are not documented yet, but it looks this is not the case, so is
> there any other way to achieve the same visual effect?

The "Value" Blending Mode is based on the HSV color space, which is
not supported by Flash, unfortunately.
(And you also can't use a color matrix filter to convert something to
 HSV, because RGB->HSV and back are non-linear transformations)

Maybe there's a trick to make Value blend modes work, but I can't think
of a way right now.

Greetings

Matthias