Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?

From: Gregor Rot
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF: can it produce valid AVM2 (Flash9) files?
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:02:34 +0200

This already works, use patameters:

"-T 9"

caos,
Gregor

On 10/8/07, Fabio Rotondo <address@hidden > wrote:
Hi,

I am playing with PDF2SWF for a project I am writing. It requires the
converted SWF to be imported inside a Flex3 app.

The problem is that the SWF is imported as a AVM1 (Flash8 or less) file
and I cannot communicate in the right way from my Flex3 application.

While converting the PDF I don't want *ANY* ActionScript in it (I don't
use preloader or viewer) so I think it could be easy to, at least,
"fake" a AVM2 SWF file.

There is a runtime solution at this address:

http://www.danielhai.com/blog/?p=35

I don't know if it works: I'd like to "hack" the SWF file before loading it.
I have also had a look at pdf2swf sources but they are too big to just
begin the hack.

BTW: Matthias, I am quite a good C coder (writing in C since 1992), and
I am loving your SWF tools. Do you need any help?

Ciao,

Fabio