Re: [Swftools-common] Custom viewer trouble

From: J.
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Custom viewer trouble
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:34:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 05:11:35PM -0700, J. wrote:
> > http://binaryops.com/chili/flashSimpleViewerMyPreLoader.swf
>
> Here, the problem is that your actionscript is attached to the
> "movie" object- as movie will be *removed* from the final final
> (it will be replaced by the loaded SWF) the "stop" isn't executed
> anymore.
> (The actionscript itself is correct, though)
>
> > http://binaryops.com/chili/flashWithMyViewer.swf
>
> Not sure about this one. Two things I noticed in the disassembly:
>
> 1.) There's a "GotoFrame 0", which can't work, as there never is
>     a frame 0. (frames in SWF start with 1)
>
> 2.) There's a "GotoFrame 2" in frame 2. This won't work either. (You
>     can't "goto" the current frame. If you want to *stay* in that
>     frame, you either need to split it into two frames (and go
>     to the previous frame), or use Stop.
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

Actually I think the gotoframe 0 and 2 are just the result of the goto
currentframe-1 and currentframe+1 which I used after nextFrame and
prevFrame didn't work. The main problem is that the buttons don't seem
to do anything and the only way I could find to stop the movie from
scrolling constantly was to use on (rollOver) {stop();}. I tried making
event handlers for the button in the movie's action window, but the
compiler didn't like what I did so I left the actions in the button
objects (which doesn't work for some reason).

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/