[Swftools-common] Feature request: import fonts only partially

From: Huub Schaeks
Subject: [Swftools-common] Feature request: import fonts only partially
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:47:27 -0000

Hello

I have been using swfc a few times to make small flash animations using separate glyphs to get some text effects. Wanting to keep the file-size small I had to use swfmill and swfextract to build me a swf font file containing just the glyphs I wanted to use in a any particular animation.

It would be nice if the .font command had a new option, say 'glyphs' that allows to specify which glyphs to include.

I've hacked at the code a little and built me a version that does this for ttf fonts and simple characters in the 'glyphs' parameter, but not knowing anything about character-encodings I don't think that's the right way to do it.

Best regards
Huub

Eindeloos zoeken naar dat ene document is nu voorbij! Klik hier http://toolbar.live.com