[Swftools-common] For anyone learning swfc

From: Kevin Veroneau
Subject: [Swftools-common] For anyone learning swfc
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:21:49 -0500

Hello,

  I just quickly whipped up a simple website for anyone interesting in seeing
how swfc source code looks like in full.  These flash animations are nothing
professional, but give a general idea on how one can create flash animations
and application using swfc.  The website has both the compiled flash file,
and the applicable source code for them(excluding the fonts and images).

  For example, here is an example to show how to use actionscript to load
variables from a text file, or even a server-side script and database:

http://www.iamkevin.ca/swftools/render.php?file=vartest

  Might I note that the actionscript is taken directly from the Adobe
actionscript reference database located here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/

  Might I add, even though Adobe bought Macromedia, I figure they were to lazy
to search the entire website for the words Macromedia and replace them
withhttp://www.iamkevin.ca/swftools/ Adobe.  Macromedia is used multiple
times in the actionscript dictionary.

  Matthias, perhaps you could create a link on the website to the actionscript
dictionary for those who would like to learn actionscript.  It is a very
powerful language.  By the way, does swfc support Actionscript from Flash MX?
Like the LoadVars object?

  Here is an example of an eCard, which I also gave to my mother on her
Birthday this year:

http://www.iamkevin.ca/swftools/render.php?file=mom-bday-2007

  A great example on how to apply a custom SVG cursor in your flash animation,
the SVG graphic was created in Inkscape.

  At the bottom of every flash animation is a "View Source Code" link, which
will display the source code.  Please let me know if you find any bugs.

  To view the entire listing of flash animations with source code available
under the GNU/GPLv2, here is the main enterance link:

http://www.iamkevin.ca/swftools/

  I hope these examples help anyone who would like to learn more about swfc.

Cheers,
  Kevin.