Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Making text selectable

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - Making text selectable
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 22:26:17 +0200

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 04:51:58PM -0700, Rick Schmitty wrote:
> Where would I look in source for making the text selectable (so a user
> could copy/paste)
>
> I've not worked with C/C++ before but I think I could give it a fair try :)

You don't need C++ experience- this can be done in ActionScript.
Look up the functions getTextSnapshot() and setSelected() in any
ActionScript reference.
You'll then need to create your own Viewer SWF, and link it with the
pdf2swf SWFs like described in
    http://www.swftools.org/pdf2swf_usage.html
.

Greetings