[Swftools-common] Extracting FLV

From: Chris Spencer
Subject: [Swftools-common] Extracting FLV
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 00:59:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm new to SWFTools and SWF files in general, so please forgive any
misunderstandings I may have. I'm trying to convert a SWF file (or at
least the binary audio/video portion) into an AVI. To do this I think
I need to get the FLV file. Is this contained in the SWF file? Using
swfextract shows several "movieclips", but when I try to actually
extract them, they're just saved as new SWF files. What are the
movieclips, and can they be saved in some format other than SWF?

Thanks,
Chris