Re: [Swftools-common] ST_REMOVEOBJECT vs. ST_REMOVEOBJECT2

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] ST_REMOVEOBJECT vs. ST_REMOVEOBJECT2
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:01:18 +0100

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 12:01:46AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> a) Is it possible to have more than 1 object per depth layer? I assume
> it's not.

Nope, it's not. At least, not at the same time.

> b) If my theory is right, what is the sense of REMOVEOBJECT(1) and
> PLACEOBJECT(1), or when are they used?

They're both older versions of the tags, originating from (at least)
Flash 3. You'll probably never use REMOVEOBJECT1, but PLACEOBJECT1 can
be used to squeeze out some space, as it's sometimes smaller than
PLACEOBJECT2. (Not always, though)

> c) totally unrelated to the above: is it right that each object has it's
> unique ID, regardless which kind of object it is?
> Meaning, is it right that for example a sound can never have an equal ID
> to an image (DEFINEBITSJPEG2) or a shape (DEFINESHAPE), etc. ?

Excactly.

Greetings

Matthias