Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf font and media size problems

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf font and media size problems
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:50:17 +0100

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:57:39PM +0100, jens lofberg wrote:
> I have problem with some fonts that can be captured with
> "getTextSnapshot()".
>
> - I didn't get any error when converting (fonts where successfully replaced)
>
> - I use -f
>
> Could you please just in short tell me witch type of fonts that work/don't
> work and if somebody knows a system for replacing fonts so al fonts work.

Usually, all fonts should work. If you have a PDF file where some of
them don't, please send me an example file to address@hidden

> Another problem is when the "media" size is bigger than the visible area in
> pdf (in flash the graphics are pushed out of the visible area). The only way
> I found was to cut this in acrobat before translating. Is there a way to do
> this with pdf2swf?

Some users had luck with postprocessing via
    swfbbox -Oc file.swf -o file.swf
.
And of course there's the (still highly experimental) --flatten option
of pdf2swf:
    pdf2swf --flatten file.pdf -o file.swf
.

Greetings