[Swftools-common] Pdf2swf features and hyperlink bug

From: Ray Laurencelle
Subject: [Swftools-common] Pdf2swf features and hyperlink bug
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:34:32 -0500

I'd like to use pdf2swf to generate page content for a Flash training front-end.

The ideal path would be MS Word > PDF converter > pdf2swf (via qpdf2swf) > swf.

The ideal result would be swf that preserves embedded media objects, hyperlinks, searchable text fields, vector graphics, and Flash 8 antialiasing for readability. The ability to import the swf into Flash and be able to edit the objects would be a plus.

I realize it's unlikely that pdf2swf or any other converter would support all these features. I have evaluated about 9 swf converters and they vary widely in output. I like the simplicity of pdf2swf.

However… I haven't been able to preserve hyperlinks using v.7 or .8. Also, I presumed that Flash 8 support in the latest rev would include antiliasing for readability but I see text is rendered with the default antialiasing for animation which produced fuzzy text in small sizes.

Regards,

Ray