[Swftools-common] Linking to multiple FLV files

From: James Carrig
Subject: [Swftools-common] Linking to multiple FLV files
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:21:57 -0700

I have multiple big FLV movies, call them A.flv, B.flv, C.flv, D.flv.

I would like to create two small SWF files that link to these videos.

ONE.swf plays {A.flv -> B.flv -> C.flv -> D.flv}
TWO.swf plays {D.flv -> C.flv -> B.flv -> A.flv}

The purpose being to be able to play the movies in different orders
and to avoid having to download all the frames of all the FLV movies
before starting.

My understanding is that SWF files can either embed frames or link to
external FLV files -- which may be on another machine.  Unfortunately
I have not been able to get this to work.

If anyone has any examples for me, I would be most grateful.  My first
choice is to create the SWF files from a programmatically, e.g., from
a C program, but any example that can demonstrate feasibility would be
very welcome.

Thank you!