[Swftools-common] Regarding SWFTools online web IDE

From: Kevin Veroneau
Subject: [Swftools-common] Regarding SWFTools online web IDE
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:40:29 -0500

SWFTOOLS MailingList,

    Sorry I haven't been working to much on my SWFTools Web IDE project. As it
seems, I have violated my contract terms with my ISP. The website/server
currently hosting the SWFTools web IDE will be now offline.

    If anyone here knows of a webhost that would support installation of
swftools on their server would you kindly let me know. Also, can anyone code
PHP addons? If there was an offical swftools PHP plugin/library. I know there
are flash plugins for PHP, but truly, I enjoy coding in swfc, and have gotten
use to it. For example, if the the plugin could simply compile swfc code via a
PHP function. Plus all of the other SWFTools should also be available via PHP
functions. It's basicly creating a wrapper for swftools.

    This is just my input, on where I think SWFTools should go next. Since as
Macromedia(now Adobe) states that Flash is the next generation to an
interactive website. Why not make SWFTools the next generation to full
dynamicly generated flash websites. SWFTools, swfc code is very simple to learn
and use. It's actually quite innovative. Sure, I've used the real Flash Studio
6. But I could never create things via a GUI, a GUI just isn't my taste. I've
always enjoyed raw coding to create websites, applications, and now,
interactive flash presentations. Sure, I would need a GUI to use The GIMP to
create my images that I will present in the flash. Anyways, swftools has really
proven to me as a very useful tool for creating flash-based solutions from
scratch.

Thanks,
    Kevin Veroneau
    Zyrix Networks - Simple Computing
    address@hidden
    http://www.zyrixnet.com/
Sent using Zyrix Networks Mass Mailer Script
Visit Zyrix Networks today: http://www.zyrixnet.com/

* Please note that this Email may have also been sent to other parties.