Re: [Swftools-common] How do I replace text in an existing swf file?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How do I replace text in an existing swf file?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:53:34 +0200

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 02:46:03AM -0600, Dan Weiss wrote:
> I need to replace text strings in an SWF file.  Since the original text file
> does not have a complete font, I will also need to insert a font.  How would
> I write a program to replace text strings?  My current efforts to replace
> text have failed, but the font seems to insert fine.  The altered text is
> also a different size than the original text, so how could I prevent the
> text from being clipped too small?

Wow. That's a tricky one. I don't think there's an easy solution yet.
The only thing you could play around with is "swfextract -i" and
swfcombine to replace whole text objects.

Someday, the Python interface will probably be able to modify
text objects and fonts, but that's still a long way off...

Greetings

Matthias