[Swftools-common] Coloring Book

From: Jymmm
Subject: [Swftools-common] Coloring Book
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:53:06 -0800 (PST)

Hey Folks,

I'm in need of creating a online coloring book (of sorts) that
will allow me to save the final results in vector file format.

I don't know AS, Flash, or SVG. But I am willing (with your help) to learn
whatever I need to. I do know PHP, HTML, and some JS.

Never is in stone here, all design stage. I'm considering flash initially as
it's basis is vector format over such things as SVG, which barely has any
support, and well, I HATE XML (but I'll use what I have to, if needed).

As far as the output file goes, SVG, DXF, AI, PS, or really any solid (eg
non-propritary) vector format is fine.

TTF support is needed as well - there will be about 40 font faces.
Various shapes - circle, square, rectangle, line, polygons, etc
Resolution - output needs precision to 0.000001" and mm.

This seems like such a huge project, any thoughts, ideas, suggestions,
libraries, etc would be appreciated so I'm not reinventing the wheel.

Thanks,
Jim...