[Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Error ID Table Overflow

From: David Campbell
Subject: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF Error ID Table Overflow
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:14:23 -0500

I am receiving an error with a bunch of PDFs that I'm trying to convert to
SWFs. I narrowed down the error to one object that is common on all of the
pages, a tiny star. The star has 10 separate parts to it, and if I leave any
of the parts in the PDF, the error occurs. When I add the verbose option, I
see that it finds a shape, assigns an ID, then sees that the shape has a
size of 0, and the width and/or height either has 0.00 or some other less
than 1 value, such as 0.05 or 0.10. It then goes on to the next shape. This
repeats until it reaches 65,535 (the max of 16bit integers?). I noticed that
there was an entry in the bug database for this same error and I was
wondering if there is a solution out there to this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

The PDF is at: http://web.vpg.com/dave/pdf_issue/buggy_star.pdf

Cheers.

- Dave