[Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?

From: Ranting Hippy
Subject: [Swftools-common] swfc, .text is one char wide, ideas?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:36:12 +0100

problem: when i use ".text" the resulting swf displays the text with
each character on top of each other, ie the width of the text is one
character wide

you can see the effect here:-

http://www.rantinghippy.org.uk/tests/text1.html

versions:
swftools = 0.7.0
player = macromedia v7 (linux)
linux = ubuntu hoary

i've also tried swftools v0.6.3 and see the same problem

i first saw this following the button examples from here:-

http://technoargia.free.fr/swftools/

and i also see it from the text/font example in the swf manual:-

http://www.swftools.org/swfc/swfc.2.html

after a thorough search of the docs, wiki and list archives, it seems
no-one else is suffering from this, so it's probably me or my
system. any ideas?

tia,

ian