Re: [Swftools-common] INfinite loop in pdf2swf conversion

From: Neal Murphy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] INfinite loop in pdf2swf conversion
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:31:39 -0400

On Friday 23 September 2005 02:38, Philippe Maurer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Here is another pdf file that can not be converted into SWF.
>
> The output of the command shows that the programs runs an infinite loop.
>
> *** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice

If I might open my yapper a moment, this might not be directly related to
Swftools. I saw this error many times when trying to open an Illustrator file
using inkscape or karbon on Linux.

I'll take a SWAG that it's related to handling masks; DHRA's informal logo has
caused one or two linux tools to choke. In your case, I wouldn't be at all
surprised to find the conversion fails in the Conde Nast Traveler logo. But
then, I could be all wet, too.
--
Neal P. Murphy; Website & Information Systems
  Diesel Hot Rod Association, Inc.