[Swftools-common] png2SWF Compression Option

From: James Eberhardt
Subject: [Swftools-common] png2SWF Compression Option
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:40:05 -0400

Hi everyone;

This is my first post - I just wanted to say that this set of tools looks great!  Good work!

Now for my question - I'm trying to use png2swf, but I'm wondering if there is a compression option on the command line for this tool.  I saw a few posts in the archive that indicate that this is not possible.  However, I contact David J., and he said that Matthias sent him an updated version of png2swf which allowed him to do this.  I downloaded the latest Windows binaries, (0.7.0), but png2swf doesn't accept the "-q" parameter on the command line.

Is there a newer version of png2swf that does accept this?

Help!  I have to convert 5000 png files into 1000 SWF files, and I'd love to get this working.

Thanks a lot!

James Eberhardt