Re: [Swftools-common] PNGtoSWF Tool

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PNGtoSWF Tool
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:37:29 +0200

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:21:05PM -0400, Sean Dwyer wrote:
> I received an error when trying to use the tool:
> Interlace Mode 1 not supported!
>
> The .png file does contain transparency.  Has anyone come across this
> error, and if so, what steps were taken to resolve the error?

Interlace mode 1 is not yet implemented in png2swf's PNG parser.
This has nothing to do with transparency, however.

The usual approach is to load the PNG in Gimp (or some other paint
program), and then save it again (deactivating "Interlacing (Adam7)").
After that, it will usually convert fine.

Greetings

Matthias