Re: [Swftools-common] "avi2swf" is missing in 'both' binary & Zip versio

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] "avi2swf" is missing in 'both' binary & Zip version of Windows
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:56:23 +0200

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 07:38:03PM -0700, Ahmad Berenjkar Gorabi wrote:
> I wish it was there, because I have an AVI that I
> finally captured from my Video Camera, it would help a
> lot of amatures like me!!

There are already some tools which can do AVI->SWF on Windows.
Wildform Flix, Sorenson Squeeze, Turbine, ...
Maybe you can use one of these? I haven't tried them myself.

> You may want to add a little 'ad' on the SWF, that
> points the users to your web site.

I don't like adware. If somebody uses swftools for web-site
stuff, and then adds a "created by" link pointing to my site, I'm
happy about it, but I am definitely not going to "force" something
like this.

Greetings

Matthias