Re: [Swftools-common] Re: jpeglib headers/libraries

From: Garry Hill
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: jpeglib headers/libraries
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:08:30 -0300

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:25:22PM -0300, Garry Hill wrote:
> > > Other than that, maybe jpeglib.h is there, but the files included by it
> > > (jconfig.h, jmorecfg.h) aren't.
> >
> > but wasn't aware of this... i'm not very savvy with c. i couldn't get
> > libjpeg to install the lib files automatically so had copied
> > everything over by hand. is there a way to get the libjpeg to install
> > the libraries and headers itself?
>
> The following appears to do it (executed in the jpeglib-6a directory):
>
>     ./configure --enable-static --enable-shared

i tried this (on my os x box i believe) and got "./libtool - command not found"
: (
reading the docs it turns out that just "make" builds the static library - just
not using libtool.

>     make install-headers
>     make install-libraries

ahh - that would be it..

> It took me a while to figure this out, too. :)
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

nothing worthwhile is ever obvious. i've a pathalogical fear of make files -
since everytime i look at one i come out more confused than i went in.

by the way, the binary you sent me worked like a charm - through php too. i
replaced my 10 lines of hard won ming code with one exec call to jpeg2swf and
bang! whoosh! everything works. magic, thanks.