Re: [Swftools-common] extract url from action script

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] extract url from action script
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 18:49:36 +0100

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:26:34PM +0100, Jérôme DESPATIS wrote:
> I'd like to extract url from the action script in a
> flash file.
>
> I haven't found a way to do so with swfstrings from
> SWFtools

Yes swfstrings only extracts readable texts- things like
URLs are stored in the ActionScript code.

> will be there a program in SWFtools extracting this
> piece of information ?

Yes, "swfdump -a" displays ActionScript.
Look out for either:

a) Lines like:

    (   21 bytes) action: GetUrl URL:"http://mylink.org/index.html";
Label:"_level1"

  (Flash 4 ActionScript)

b) Constructs like:

    (   15 bytes) action: Push String:"http://mylink.org/index.html";
    (    9 bytes) action: Push String:"_level1"
    (    1 bytes) action: GetUrl2 2

  (Flash 5/MX ActionScript)

Greetings

Matthias