Re: [Swftools-common] Newbie swfcombine --cat question

From: Duncan Gibb
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Newbie swfcombine --cat question
Date: 05 Feb 2004 08:29:49 +0000

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 07:57, Matthias Kramm wrote:

MK> Some movies are simply not concatenable - especially if
MK> they use ActionScript

I'm prepared to hack them about a bit if necessary.  But as you can
probably tell, I am not a Flash expert.

MK> Are there preloaders in front of those movies?

I think so, but I don't have a slow enough connection to see them ;-)
Would it be possible to remove them with swfextract or some other tool?

MK> You might want to upload the SWFs in question somewhere and
MK> post the URLs here, then we should be able to tell you more
MK> precisely where the problem is.

OK, here's a simple example:

  http://www.duncangibb.com/swf/part_one.swf - slides 1, 2, 3
  http://www.duncangibb.com/swf/part_two.swf - slides 4, 5, 6

  http://www.duncangibb.com/swf/combined.swf - output from swfcombine

What I want, obviously, is slides 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 all in one file.

Really what I want to do is join three files - two halfs of a PowerPoint
presentation and a Flash movie in the middle.  So a method that works by
substituting a whole SWF for one slide in one of the PowerPoints would
be just as good.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for talking about PowerPoint - not really
my field normally.

Duncan