Re: [Swftools-common] scale images when using jpeg2swf?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] scale images when using jpeg2swf?
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:01:24 +0100

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 02:45:01PM -0700, Michael Geary wrote:
> Thanks so much for this bit of info. As it turns out, I need my images
> _scaled_ but not _shrunk_. That is, I need them to be at full quality
> when the SWF is viewed at 200%. Does that make sense?

Certainly. The "-s" option from 0.4.4 resamples the image to a given
size before encoding it.
What you need seems to be a simple SWF matrix transform on the
image SWF character.

> So, it appears that my problem isn't so much with jpeg2swf as it is
> with swfcombine. When I do this:
>
> /usr/local/bin/swfcombine -z -m -o size3_m.swf ./curtain.swf -s 2
> swap=./size1.swf

Try removing the "-m" option. -m (--merge) doesn't really make any sense
in what you are doing there.

You can, however, also do an intermediate step:

    /usr/local/bin/swfcombine -d -s 50 size1.swf -o size2.swf

and then process size2.swf as above. ("50" means scale to 50%- I assume
that's what you're trying to achieve with the "-s 2" above. jpeg2swf
takes denominators as argument to "-s", however swfcombine takes
percentages, so "50" means scale to half width, half height)

Greetings

Matthias