stow-devel

[Stow-devel] update on upcoming 2.1.x release

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [Stow-devel] update on upcoming 2.1.x release
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:59:36 +0000

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, I have pushed pretty much all my changes to
the git repository, and there is only one thing left blocking me from
making the first official release since 2002 - a technical issue with
automake:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/13192

I've wast^H^H^H^Hspent a lot of time trying to persuade GNU autotools
to coexist happily with Module::Build, and whilst I've resolved 99.9%
of the issues, I may lose patience with the final 0.1% and hack a
slightly ugly workaround into Makefile.am in order that the release
isn't held off any longer.  We'll see.  Either way you can expect it
see it pretty soon.

On a related note, I updated the web page so that it now links to the
download area and the git repository:

  http://www.gnu.org/s/stow/

Future plans include creating (or importing) an rpm .spec file and
debian/ subdirectory into the repository so that we can release .rpm
and .deb files in addition to the tarballs.  Please let me know if you
are able to help with this.

Cheers,
Adam