stow-devel

[Stow-devel] Anybody out there?

From: Alexei Znamensky
Subject: [Stow-devel] Anybody out there?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:45:35 -0200

Hi all,

I have been using stow for over a decade now, and it has saved my skin way too many times.

Now I was looking for a perl patch of code where I could put my "Modern Perl" skills to use, and it occurred to me I could give back to stow. I have just pulled the latest version and I have seen it has improved a lot since version 1.3.3, widely available.

Thus, I do have some questions, before I start doing things on my own:
I am not very used to git - seen some videos, played a bit, but never really *worked* with it. But, as far as I recall, it allows distributed version control, so I might start working on it independently. I am going to start some work around here and see how it goes.

Cheers,

--
Alexei Znamensky [russoz_gmail_com] [russoz.wordpress.com] [www.flickr.com/photos/alexeiz]
"Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try"