sks-devel

Re: Seeking Peers

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: Seeking Peers
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:30:55 +0000

On 23 Jan 2024, at 20:38, Gerald Stueve <G.Stueve@ieee.org> wrote:

On Tue, 2024-01-23 at 18:35 +0000, Andrew Gallagher wrote:

I can see it now! It’s reporting version 1.1.6 though, have you overridden it in the hockeypuck.conf file? I’d recommend against doing that - it used to be necessary when we were trying to trick the sks-keyservers.net spider, but it doesn’t exist any more and faking the version number just causes confusion. :-)

Modified as per current instructions in hockeypuck wiki. Updated per your recommendation.

Thanks. The hockeypuck.io page is badly out of date, will need to fix that.

Your hockeypuck looks good now, however it seems there is no reverse proxy in front; you’ll need to implement the DOS protections from contrib/docker-compose/standalone/haproxy before peering with other servers, in order to keep out the spammers (they have got a lot worse recently). Let me know if you have any issues; we have tested most thoroughly with the docker-compose deployment but the same configuration files are suitable for standalone use with only minor tweaking.