sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS scaling configuration

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS scaling configuration
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 10:20:28 +0100

On 2/25/19 6:37 PM, Todd Fleisher wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 2019, at 8:35 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse
>> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>>
>> I didn't have as many locations configured as you show in your example
>> but it looked like you were defining the map but I didn't see it being
>> used in any of your location blocks unless I'm missing something.
>> Shouldn't you be using $upstream_server in your proxy_pass configuration?
>>
> I think you’re on to something here. I just tried commenting out the
> other servers from the upstream sks_servers_primary block and am still
> seeing stats queries hitting the commented out servers.
>
> Kristian - could you please double check the configuration snippets you
> provided to me last year and see if something was missing related to this?

don't recall the specifics of the snippets I sent over, but the above is
correct, you do map definition at
map $arg_op $upstream_server {
        "stats" sks_servers_primary;
        default sks_servers;
}

which is used for

        location /pks/lookup {
    proxy_cache backcache;
        proxy_ignore_headers Cache-Control "Expires";

    #proxy_cache_bypass $http_cache_control;
    add_header X-Proxy-Cache $upstream_cache_status;
    proxy_cache_valid any 10m;
                proxy_pass http://$upstream_server;
                proxy_pass_header  Server;
                add_header Via "1.1 keys2.kfwebs.net";