sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Cleaning up KDB directory?

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Cleaning up KDB directory?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 16:33:52 -0500

On 22.02.2015 10:23, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
On Feb 22, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Jeremy T. Bouse <address@hidden> wrote:

There are two approaches:

1) (automated) Add this line to DB_CONFIG (which you are using,
correct?)
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

2) (manual) Run these commands on idle databases (with KDB/PTree as
cwd)
dbXY_recover -ev
dbXY_checkpoint -1
dbXY_archive -dv
(XY == version of Berkeley DB in use, e.g. XY=53 for db-5.3.x)

hth

73 de Jeff

I'm curious if this is a OS or distribution specific change as I took the liberty of checking on my SKS hosts and found on all 3 the sks/DB directory was only around 12GB and at most I found 3 10MB log files while none of the hosts have a DB_CONFIG other than under /usr/share/doc.

Nope: bog standard Berkeley DB configuration and utilities for
transactional databases.

73 de Jeff

Then perhaps Debian has changed defaults or something as I've made no customization and have no DB_CONFIG nore do I have any process that runs the manual commands to maintain the database and it has never once become and issue since I've been running the servers.