sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] recon stops: "2015-02-11 07:09:48 Raising Sys.Break -- P

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] recon stops: "2015-02-11 07:09:48 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted: Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from prefix tree")"
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:54:45 -0800

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 06:28:25PM +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> > Again, do "sks pbuild" as the user who runs the service :)
> >
> > sorry for harping on this point, but i've helped too many people
> > who ended up with root-owned files because they weren't thinking
> > about the ownership issues during some phase of the process, so i
> > want to make sure we keep that recommendation explicit.
> >
> The startup-scripts provided by whichever sane distribution should fix
> this anyways to be a non-issue. From the Gentoo /etc/init.d/sks-db:
>
> start_pre()
> {
>     checkpath --owner sks:sks --directory \
>         ${SKS_DIR} ${SKS_DIR}/KDB ${SKS_DIR}/PTree
>     checkpath --owner sks:sks --file \
>         ${SKS_DIR}/*.log ${SKS_DIR}/KDB/* ${SKS_DIR}/PTree/*
> }

On FreeBSD, we seem not to have checkpath, at least in the places
where I looked. I have tweaked init scripts crafted by--I think--Phil
Pennock a while ago; the FreeBSD port doesn't include them, and Phil's
need to be updated and probably worked into something a lot more
robust.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the