sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Keydump makes DB unavailable

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Keydump makes DB unavailable
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:51:44 -0500

On 2014-01-28 at 16:54 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> That's off the top of my head, but I don't create dumps (my recovery
> strategy is to use the dumps created by others and let SKS reconcile).
> Those who do create dumps may be able to help refine this.
>
> Perhaps we can add a wiki page enumerating a debugged list of steps?

I've _very_ quickly thrown together a basic page, a chunk of which was
copy/paste from that email.  The page is not yet authoritative, but at
least provides something as a starting point to be refined and improved
to get towards a state where people like it as much as they seem to like
the Peering document.

https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/DumpingKeys

I don't know what the privilege model is at Atlassian for editing that
wiki; whether anyone with an account can edit, or only people with
repository permissions.  Minimally, we have something which other
committers can refine.  I don't have time to shepherd this now, so
please don't run changes by me!  If you see a problem, fix it. :)

-Phil