sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Looking to join some pools

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Looking to join some pools
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:10:42 -0500

On 2013-11-25 at 11:14 -0600, Cyrus Vaziri wrote:
> I have established an sks keyserver and am ready to pair it with some
> existing pools.  In hopes of maintaining good etiquette I am requesting
> permission to sync with any willing participants.  My key database is
> current with the latest static key dumps.  Apologies in advance if this
> is the wrong venue to make this request.

You don't include any information about your server.  People might be
willing, but many of us want to poke at your /pks/lookup?op=stats page
first, to confirm that things are set up sanely.

Adding a peer is not entirely safe: you have the potential to DoS your
peers.  So it's wise to give things a quick look over to decide whether
or not to proceed.

You might read:
  https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering
which will help you get started with getting a server into a fit state
for peering and asking for peers a way which will get you more replies.

-Phil