sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Question about apache2 configuration

From: Christoph Egger
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Question about apache2 configuration
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:39:50 +0100

Filip Stefaniak <address@hidden> writes:
> W dniu 2013-11-12 14:12, Todd Lyons pisze:
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 09:42:13AM +0100, Filip Stefaniak wrote:
>>
>>> I've tried to configure sks server with apache2 as described at
>>> https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering
>>> But I had a problem. When sks was set to listen on port 11371, apache
>>> complained about listening on the same port. So I have changed the sks
>>> port to 11372 and configured Proxy to this port:
>>
>>> <VirtualHost *:80 *:11371>
>>
>> When apache complains about a VirtualHost declaration and things
>> listening on the same port, it usually means there is an overlap in the
>> name-based virtualhosts and the ip-based virtual hosts.  It depends if
>> you interpreted the message correctly.  If it was complaining that
>> another process already had the port open and apache couldn't open it,
>> then the problem is that you have sks configured to listen on *:11371
>> or 0.0.0.0:11371 instead of 127.0.0.1:11371. Alternativately, apache is
>> complaining that multiple places in its own config tries to listen on
>> port 11371.  The most important way to control this is to control it
>> with the Listen statements.
>
> Thanks Todd,
> The problem was eventually solved. The main issue (among others) was
> that the server is behind the router and has a *local ip* assigned,
> while I tried to force apache to listen on *external ip* on 11371 (now
> it is obious and silly, but sometimes it is really hard to find out such
> tiny mistakes).
>
> Your httpd configuration I found on this list helped me a lot with
> setting up things.
>
> Here I have another question: on the status page I'm not "Port 80"
> positive, however my server has access on 80 port
> (http://klucze.achjoj.info/). I see that you have green light there.
> How to configure this?

Your webserver doesn't return the sks interface when contacted as
p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net or even pool.sks-keyservers.net so it can't
be used as part of the port80 Pool

 % curl http://89.68.150.88/ -H 'Host: pool.sks-keyservers.net'

Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer