sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Setting up hkps

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Setting up hkps
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 01:29:58 -0800

On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 10:16 +0100, Filip Stefaniak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions about setting up hkps server.
>
> 1) Do I need a "real" certificate (bought CAs) or can be it
> self-generated, self-signed certificate?

You send a certificate request to Kristian Fiskerstrand. He's running
his own certificate authority for this purpose and will generate a
certificate from your request.

> 2) I haven't found any tutorial how to do this. What I have done so far
> is setting https web gateway for sks server:
> https://klucze.achjoj.info/
> but I assume I have to do something more. I will appreciate any tips for
> setting this up.

It's actually pretty straight-forward. You proxy and reverse proxy port
443 (https) to port 11371 with your main web server (which should
already be set up to proxy and reverse proxy 11371 to your keyserver
which should only answer on localhost).

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
If an attachment to this email baffles you, please see