sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] unwanted tolerance of buggy keys

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] unwanted tolerance of buggy keys
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:18:39 -0400

On Jul 30, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Jeffrey Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure SKS is the Right Place to enforce conformance
> (much like discussions about OpenPGP binding signatures).

Sorry for imprecision:

Not OpenPGP but rather
        "PGP Global Directory Verification signatures."
with expiry of 2 weeks as described here

http://www.kfwebs.net/articles/article/17/GPG-mass-cleaning-and-the-PGP-Corp.-Global-Directory

Once you start filtering/rejecting pubkey materiel: whether
its blocking signature types on sub keys or filtering
revoked/expired signatures, the policies all become rather
a sticky wicket.

Personally, I think that reducing the bloat/load with narrower
and more predictable enforcement is wise in each case.

73 de Jeff