sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Request: Help getting historical number of keys

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: [Sks-devel] Request: Help getting historical number of keys
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 00:31:46 +0200

Hi,

I've just added a chart for the number of OpenPGP keys at [0], however,
I don't have historical data about the number of keys since before this
was implemented on 4 July 2012.

This data is stored in SKS, however, the log is only kept since the time
of doing a (fast)build from a dump. On my own servers, I've been doing
too much testing, so oldest copy I have is from April of this year.

It would be really nice to show the historical development in the number
of keys, and as such, if anyone have a version of SKS running from an
older dump-file, I would appreciate the help in getting the data out of
it. In order to accomplish this I've written a client[1] that read the
log and output it in a semi-colon separated way, as shown below.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to change anything, but have a copy
running from an older dump, would you be willing to share a copy of the
KDB and Ptree for me to run against?

###
gentoo4 sks # /home/kristianf/sks-keyserver/get_historical_number_of_keys
Total number of keys: 3113740
Time;New Keys;Updated Keys
2012-07-08;6;1
2012-07-07;285;92
2012-07-06;416;180
2012-07-05;439;131
2012-07-04;435;181
2012-07-03;394;135
2012-07-02;153753;11416
###
Install procedure is
Download SKS source
Download patch from [1]
patch < get_historical_number_of_keys.patch
make get_historical_number_of_keys
cd <sks dir>
shutdown SKS
/<path to build dir>/get_historical_number_of_keys
###

[0] http://sks-keyservers.net/status/key_development.php
[1] http://dev.kfwebs.net/get_historical_number_of_keys.patch

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/