sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Min. Requirement for SKS Version in the Pool

From: Stefano Rivera
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Min. Requirement for SKS Version in the Pool
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:54:00 +0200

Hi Daniel (2012.06.25_05:38:18_+0200)
> Rather than expecting keyserver operators to run debian unstable, a
> reasonable approach is to get it into squeeze-backports. (see
> http://backports.debian,org/ for details about how debian backports work)

And I've just given SKS in Ubuntu some love and requested a 1.1.3
backport to 12.04 (precise).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/precise-backports/+bug/1020098

Along the way, I discovered that the SKS package isn't in very good
state in Ubuntu, and cleaned it up a bit:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sks/1.1.3-1ubuntu1
All of those patches were forwarded upstream to Debian, I'd like us to
be able to get this package back in sync with Debian.

It'll still take a bit of trial and error, and googling to get a working
SKS install.
* You need to uncomment the pagesize in sksconf to build from
  a dump, but at least this issue is mentioned in the config file.
* And the related "unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize
  mutex region" issue has also been reported in Ubuntu.
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sks/+bug/937931
  I didn't touch this, as the solution seems to be to change the way we
  upgrade the DB, and I'd like to not deviate from Debian there.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/