sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 pool broken?

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 pool broken?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 13:08:49 -0400

On Jul 1, 2012, at 12:38 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2012-07-01 18:35, Daniel Austin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ignore me - it would help if I typed the pool with the word "pool" in
>> it! ;-)
>
> Hehe, easy mistake to do, but indeed, ipv6.sks-keyservers.net is the
> IPv6 only front-end of the website :)

One of the problems with "pools" is TTL is a bit slower
than instantaneous. Its quite possible to find an AWOL
server that won't be recycled for ~2h (iirc: your polling period).

Hmmm … mebbe a status indicator on pool members might
help a bit. Dunno if overkill, but WYSIWYG always helps
sort out think problems.

So does a retry on a round-robin (or with weighting) DNS pool.

73 de Jeff