sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 04:18:57 -0400

On 2011-08-29 at 09:45 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Phil Pennock's message of Mon Aug 29 08:55:01 +0200 2011:
> > HTML (done right) downgrades gracefully.  If anyone using an older
> > browser experiences problems with http://sks.spodhuis.org/ then please
> > report it to me as a bug.
>
> Upload (via cut&paste) works fine, but I can't see any search field.
> Probably because there's no "search" control type in HTML 4.01 [1].

Well crap.  ~Every other browser treats an unknown INPUT type as the
default type, "text".

Reverted to "text" and switched types in Javascript; is sufficient for
this case, but does slightly risk breaking the extra search features for
some users.  The gains are minor enough to be safe to lose.

Any other bug reports, to me directly please -- the list doesn't need to
be bothered with one site's issues.  :)

-Phil